Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sizzix Note Card Holder

Hey, Erin here for my Design Team tuesday post!  Last week when I explained how to apply the paper to the die cut box, I was doing it the super hard way, lol. So I found out that you should apply the paper to the chipboard (both sides if you want the inside decorated) then place the chipboard on the die with the paper you want showing on the outside facing down.  Way easier!!!!  I used Modge Podge, it spreads easily with a Perfect Pearls brush and dries quickly.

So today's project is the note card holder die from Sizzix.  I covered both sides with Simple Stories paper, the 25 Days of Christmas collection, front panel mat and tag from them also.  Available now at Scrap Happy. I know it's crazy to be doing Christmas stuff in Septemeber, but I just couldn't resist the paper! The silver panel on the front is Quick Cut brand vinyl that I ran through the Big Shot with a Tim Holtz fades texture.  Yes you can emboss vinyl!  I love the look it has, like a tin ceiling panel.  Used some Stickles on the holly at the bottom of the tag and some pop dots to make the tag stand out.  Some stuff I already had in my stash, like the inside cardstock, ribbon, eyelet, number stickers, clothespin (ive seen these at the store too :)  The tabs I cut on my Cricut from the Fabulous finds cartridges
Sideview: its about 1/2"thick, and inside cards are 3.5x5"


I added an acordian fold binding at the bottom of the inside panels so it could be a mini book, Christmas shopping reciept holder, gift card holder, or anything else holder, lol.

Each one of the inside panels has a little cut out decoration from the 6x6 pad of paper Simple Stories: 25 days of Christmas collection.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Great project and super cute! LOVE IT!!!!

Erin Nagy said...

Thanks Candy! It was really quick to do with the Big Shot :)