Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Show Your School Spirit with Cricut and Heat Transfer Vinyl!

 For this project I used a sweatshirt that I purchased at a garage sale for $0.50 and the fabulous Silouhette Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) from Scrap Happy, Cricut and the Varsity Cricut Cartridge, plus you will need an iron to apply the HTV and a grid ruler to set the letters straight.
Finished Sweatshirt!

 
$0.50 plain blue hoodie sweatshirt from a garage sale.  I always keep an eye out for plain shirts that I can decorate later.

I used the yellow fuzzy HTV to cut out the top layer of the lettering.  For this project I only used the inside cut.  I am saving the outline cut to put on another sweatshirt. 

Here is what each top layer cut would look like with the background shadow.  I used the special edition blue HTV with the glitter in it :)

To center the letters I first folded the sweatshirt in half and ironed on the fold, then used my handy grid ruler to line up the letters.  If you remember to type your letters into the cricut backwards and flip the letters that aren't symetrical then they come off of the machine all lined up and ready to go.  I remembered to flip mine, but forgot to type the words in backwards :0p


Close up of the lettering, I can tell my F is a little crooked, lol.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!




No comments: