Monday, September 19, 2011

Sizzix Hanging Bag Die Project

Hey! Erin here for Design Team Tuesday posting:  I stopped in Scrap Happy last week and browsed through the dies.  Susie gave me a demo of a few and I think she challenged me to make some samples, lol.  I decided to purchase the Big Shot ($69.99 EVERYDAY at Scrap Happy) with the Sizzix Hanging Bag die, and the long cutting mat to accomodate the larger dies.  Below is the result!  I used the chipboard off the back of a legal pad, Sillouhette vinyl in dark green, black and fuzzy white, these are all available at Scrap Happy.  When I did the die cutting, I layered the vinyl on the die, then stacked the chipboard on top and ran it all through the Big Shot together, that way the vinyl would be cut the perfect size and the chipboard is just scored on the folds.  If you just run the chipboard through, it will just be scored on the folds. I used some embellishments from my stash.  The letters are cut on the Cricut at 0.5" from the Varsity cartridge.  The little note pad is made from scraps of cardstock cut to 2.5"x3".  I stacked them neatly on one side, clipped them with a couple binder clips and used Modge Podge brushed on thinly in a few coats to make it a "tear off" notepad.  This one is  going to my daughters teacher for a thank you gift.  I have one other example that I did with paper instead of vinyl on my blog at http://www.pagesofpictures.com/.


I added a little bit of ribbon and white fuzzy vinly to dress up the mini binder clip.

These bags (more like a box) sit up perfectly by themselves.  A mini gel pen is the perfect addition to the set.  Another idea would be to add magnets to the back.
I'm thinking these are going to be a great gift around the holidays for everyone!  Teacher, mail carriers, girls at the bank, Girl Scout troop leaders, secretaries, co-workers.....everyone can use a notepad!!!

Anyone interested in a class of Big Shot basics and this project???  Leave us a comment!

P.S. I <3 Vinyl, it's self adhesive, and versatile!

No comments: