Monday, July 16, 2012

Cosmo Cricket "Evangeline"

Hi Scrappers, It's me Cathy.  This week I am using Cosmo Cricket, "Evangeline", 6x6 paper pack.  I must admit this card starting going Victorian and I was powerless to stop it. The Evangeline papers are beautiful there are so many possibilities. I also used Evangeline, Ready Set Chip, chipboard pieces that are designed to coordinate with the 6x6 pack.  I chose the rose stamp by Inky Antics.  My embellishments are by want2scrap and the metal corners are by Darcie. The ribbon I used is Ruban Rouge by We R Memory Keepers and the pink lace I purchased in the store. . Everything to make this card is available in the store.

I started with a pre-folded card, and I used American Craft card stock. I cut the card stock so 1/8 inch of the white card was visible. Then I cut my three choices of Evangeline paper and arranged them on the card stock. I added my ribbon and lace and sewed around the outside edge. I glued this down and added my metal corners by Darcie. Then I added the bling by want2scrap, I stamped my rose image and cut it out then colored it with Copics. I cut a larger oval from the berry card stock and glued the two ovals together and then I took a pin and pricked around the edge of the berry oval. I repeated the paper pattern inside the card in reverse and stitched around the outer edge just like on the front of  the card. Then I cut a larger Oval of  Sweet Tooth card stock.   I stitched around the oval then I glued the paper to the inside of the card and added the butterflies to finish up.  The ovals where the roses are stamped and the butterflies on the front of the card are all popped up for dimension.



















Copics: rv23, rv21, rv10, r29, bg10, y17, yg67,  yg11, g21,

  Susie is getting new product in and she has some great deals in the store, as she makes room for the  new stock. Stop in and take advantage of the discounted items...and while shopping ask about available classes for some Scrappin' Fun..... Until next time, Happy crafting.  Crafting Cathy

3 comments:

Basslady said...

this is such a beautiful card!

i love the noble look of it and the great choice of dp's!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

greenchick said...

Beautiful colors! The card is amazing!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! Pretty papers and trims! Love the roses--beautiful job!
Hugs!
Glenda