Thursday, June 28, 2012

Glory, Glory Hallelujah, it's more Authentique Glory



I am SO excited to share with you all my Design Team project for this week.  As I mentioned previously I was going to use the Authentique Glory collection again since it is fitting with Independence Day being just around the corner.  Not only that, but I absolutely adore Authentique and this line did NOT disappoint!!!!  I am still sad to say that there is not much left in store, so if you find yourself inspired by these cards and/or this paper, you had better get into that store ASAP!!!!

I did four cards this go-around and all but one use the Glory paper.  The last one, you will see, is just a clean and simple card using the Scrap Happy 4th of July stamps and some Distress Stickles.


This first one, I think, is my favorite, although I LOVE them all.  I am a classically trained musician so I have a penchant for musical notes, scores, etc., so this is clearly my favorite paper from the collection  I used my Scrap Happy exclusive Fish Tail Banner die for the chipboard banner, but you can also find pre-cut chipboard pieces at the store, too!  I used my Distress Ink in Fired Brick to color them to match the paper line.   I also used the soon to be released Scrap Happy star dies to die cut the star.   I used the  Scrap Happy 4th of July stamps to stamp the "u, s, a, and circled star" onto kraft cardstock and die cut with the fish tail banner die.  I stamped "Celebrate" and freehand cut around and mounted it on the star.  I show the envelope also, because as I have raved endlessly about, Scrap Happy will soon be releasing their envelope liner die.  Absolutely fantastic die!!!!


This one, again, uses the star dies, but I also used the Fancy Scallop Border die because it just needed a little something extra on the bottom, and this was the perfect touch.  I also did a little heat embossing with my Tim Holtz heat tool, this was one of the best investments I made!  It stands out from the rest of the heat embossing tools like a Diamond among glass, it's quiet, doesn't burn your hand, and just all-around much more comfortable and ergonomic to use! Anyway, that was an unplanned plug.......oops.  I stamped using the 4th of July stamp set with Versamark and some random American Crafts embossing powder.  That part didn't quite turn out as I had planned/hoped, a little too stark white in comparison to the distressed, worn look of the rest of the card and collection, but it certainly gets its point across, and there are NO MISTAKES IN CRAFTING!!!


This is also my favorite.  Can I say that?  I just absolutely ADORE this sentiment, it rings so true and as the wife, daughter, sister, niece, and friend of US Marines, it holds a special place in my heart.  In designing these stamps Susie did a fantastic job of mixing the whimsical and fun with the traditional and serious and the fonts, sentiments, and images reflect that beautifully.  I can't wait for you all to see what she has in store in the upcoming months.  I have had a small sneak peek and I LOVE what's to come and you will, too!
Oh, I can't forget to mention I busted out my Sew Ribbon from We R Memory Keepers on this one, too.  If you check out THIS post from last year, you will know that I love this tool.  I felt it gave this image a homey feel, almost reminiscent of the flag.  I actually wanted to try to make a flag of sorts with this, but I couldn't do it justice and felt it was too busy and overpowered the seriousness of the beautiful sentiment.  I used the twill ribbon in Hot Tamale and it matched fantastically!


Finally, as I mentioned above, this is my Clean and Simple card.  Just some stamping and a touch of Distress Stickles.  This card reflects the whimsical side of the stamp sets.  Cute font and sentiment and everyone's favorite, FIREWORKS!  What IS Independence Day without Fireworks, right?

For the supplies I used that I haven't mentioned:

- all stamping and distress inking, etc, was done with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire and Fired Brick
- ATG adhesive, American Crafts dimensionals, and ZOTS glue dots
- Scrap Happy card/envelopes and cardstock

These cards will be on display starting Saturday and each also has its complete list of supplies, etc., all of which can be purchased online or in store.

That is it for this week, hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and a Happy, safe, and fun Fourth of July, next week.

HUGS,
Candy
Life on the Crafty Side

No comments: