Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer fun & Special Guest Teacher for JUNE!

Greetings!

 Hard to believe I am currently working on Summer calendar....where in the world does time go?

   Did you know Scrap Happy will be celebrating 5 years in business on June 6, 2011! Wow! that time has flown by in a blink of an eye!

  We have MANY events in the works for a great summer!

  We will be hosting a "Birthday" crop every month this summer....I know how busy everyone is so hopefully you all will be able to make at least one!
Details will be released in a separate email!

   It is also my pleasure to announce a guest teacher for Scrap Happy....Karen Burniston will be visiting us Saturday June 11 for 2 classes! Yes....2!  You have the option of partaking in one or BOTH!

   If you love cards this is a must! Ever wonder how they make those cute adorable pop up cards? This is just for you! Karen is coming to us all the way from Texas, so sign up today! The first 20 to sign up receive a FREE embossing folder set form Ellison value $10.99 that makes the class only $14.99!!!!  Go HERE to sign up and get more information on both classes!

  Take some time read over Karen's information below and forward to a friend and make a date to come visit us!

Hope to see you soon!

Susie

store hours
Mon-Wed 10-6 Thurs/Fri 107
Sat 10-4 Sun 12-6

Karen Burniston
Saturday June 11, 2011 
  
head shotFirst...a word from Karen:
  
I love pop-ups! I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I create something interactive out of paper. I love the look of surprise on a person's face when he or she opens up a card and something unexpected happens. I love creating and teaching pop-ups more than I love Agatha Christie mysteries, malted milk balls and reality TV! (And that says a lot!)
My background is in civil engineering, and I am grateful for my CAD skills every time I design a new pop-up template or mechanism. In 2009 I licensed my designs to Sizzix to be made into dies to fit in their Big Shot die cutting machines. The dies are a fabulous way to make pop-ups - no more cutting and scoring by hand!
Besides being a pop-up enthusiast, I'm also a wife to John and a mother to twins Karl and Emma. We have a high-maintenance Puggle named Lucy who likes to eat paper piercers. After a decade of living in beautiful Colorado we moved in June 2010 to Katy, Texas. Yes, I did say June. Yes, it really IS hot in the summer!
I've taught scrapbooking classes all over the world and it's such a rewarding feeling when a student starts the class saying "I can't make that!" and ends the class saying "I just made that!"
I've got a passion for pop-ups. Watch out . . . it's contagious!
Find out more about me on my blog:www.karenburniston.typepad.com

No comments: